POSITION: Donor Services Associate
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Donor Engagement
SUPERVISOR: Vice President for Donor Engagement
STATUS: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
ESTABLISHED: February 26, 2019
Through a robust donor engagement program, the Hampton Roads Community Foundation (HRCF) has become the leading resource for philanthropists in the region. The program includes such boutique services as donor fund management, customized giving plans, site visits to nonprofits, facilitated family meetings, and research for grantmaking. A new position, the Donor Services Associate (DSA) works closely with the Vice President for Donor Engagement in the delivery of such services to the Foundation’s current fundholders reflecting a variety of fund types. More specifically, the DSA processes the grant recommendations of individual donors. She/he maintains a current list of vetted community projects that enable connections among the philanthropic objectives of donors, HRCF targeted areas of interest, and the needs and aspirations of the region’s nonprofits. The DSA reports directly to the Vice President for Donor Engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the prescribed due diligence on non-profit organizations for processing donor grant requests.
- Provide administrative support for HRCF’s donor engagement activities.
- Create and distribute quarterly fund statements for donor-advised and organizational funds.
- Respond to and process routine inquiries by donor advisors requesting additional information or needing assistance on grants or community issues.
- Assist with donor-related research projects.
- Serve as a point of contact for fundholders, with the confident capability to answer questions about their funds and the Foundation’s work in general.
- Coordinate efforts and activities with Development staff through regular meetings and conversations to ensure smooth transition from donor acquisition to donor engagement and strong donor relationships.
- Manage and create content for the Foundation’s donor portal in partnership with Communications staff; provide technical assistance for the donor portal to nonprofits and donors.
- Meet with and provide philanthropic services to donor advisors as needed.
- Participate in donor engagement tracking, data entry, report writing, and analysis.
- Support donor engagement work with events for selected scholarship recipients as appropriate; provide annual updates to all scholarship fundholders.
- Support donor engagement programs to increase donor awareness of important and emerging needs in the community using such vehicles as donor education events, site visits, online events, and donor luncheons.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for non-profit fundholders.
- Assist with HRCF special projects and other collaborative partnerships as needed.
- Contribute to HRCF publications and marketing materials by providing data, reports, content, and proofreading as needed.
- Ensure currency in HRCF donor and non-profit databases, to include the regular entry of related notes, actions, and biographical information.
- Participate actively in the President’s staff meetings and serve on internal committees as appropriate.
- Represent the Foundation at meetings and events as requested, which may occur during or outside of normal work hours.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Vice President for Donor Engagement or the President.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution.
- At least two years of experience in Development or Donor Relations.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Salesforce and relational database programs.
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
- Ethical standards above reproach.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues in a small, fast-paced office environment that depends on effective teamsmanship.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality, be the consummate professional, and use good judgment at all times.
- Demonstrated predisposition to the principles of good customer service, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize in the midst of a demanding workload with often inflexible deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated adeptness with the technology of today’s office environment and a proven ability to maintain a working knowledge of deployed office-specific equipment and software once adequately trained.
- Successful administrative experience in a non-profit setting.
- At least two years of experience in a grantmaking foundation.
PERIODIC POSITION REVIEW
This newly created position is the result of a restructuring of the position of Director of Donor Services upon the promotion of its incumbent to Vice President for Special Projects. It is a part of an administrative reorganization that expands the work of the Foundation into Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) while positioning Donor Engagement for anticipated growth in customized philanthropic services. The resultant job description was approved by the President on February 26, 2019.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Submit a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements online at hamptonroadscf.org. Please do not mail, fax or email your résumé. Review of applications will begin on March 18, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.